Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb 7

As I'm completely positive most of you are already aware, the Super Bowl was held in my home city, Indianapolis, Indiana. The amount of havoc that was reeked the week preceding the big day was unreal. A couple blocks of a street downtown was completely blocked off and transformed into Super Bowl Village, celebrities suddenly became my neighbors for the weekend, and it seemed like everyone had taken happy pills. I've always been a huge fan of big events and pure chaos. I love airports if that helps you understand what I mean. I'm so fascinated by how people behave in excited environments and am fully entertained when I engage in people watching. Its always a give in that when you plop a mass amount of people in one area there are going to be a couple disputes. Especially when its a mix of people where half are present for one reason (the Giants) and the other half are present for the exact opposite reason (the Patriots). But its not the fights that intrigue me, its the friendship and love between strangers and that seems to come out of nowhere. Its like being at a concert, everyone is brought together for at least one mutual reason and it suddenly makes everyone friends. If you look around you'll see drunken strangers high fiving, girls signing fat mens bellies, adults scotching over so that the little kid can get the better view at the concert, yadda, yadda, yadda. I even saw a girl get proposed to! Corny as it sounds, being a part of Super Bowl weekend really made me appreciate where I'm from and it made me so happy being able to witness a great amount of  love between strangers taking place in a city that I call home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment