Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feb 9

My dad picked me up from Purdue so that I could come back and watch my brother compete in the Mr. LN pageant and since Indy drivers act like its their first driving experience during a snowfall every time it snows, we decided to take the back way home. We're talkin' on loooooooong country road with no pit stops for miles. Naturally we ran out of gas about 25 minutes into our drive. With luck we were able to chug to a little side road before the car clunked out all together. We were in a bit of a time crunch and we knew that if we called AAA we would never get back to Indy in time to see my brother strut his stuff. So we resorted to Plan B: walk to the nearest house and hope that they'll spare us some gas. Since we were in the middle of nowhere my dad had to walk a quite some ways to get to the nearest house but returned with a small amount of gas. We poured her in, crossed our fingers and prayed that it would be enough to turn the car on. It wasn't. My dad trekked back to the house and 2 minutes later I get a call saying that the guy had offered to take him to the gas station. I held down the fort in the 'Burb for a good 25 minutes while my dad went to collect gas with a stranger. Once on the road again my dad and I couldn't help but smile upon the situation. This man who very easily could have lied and said he didn't have gas, could have not offered to take my dad to get gas, or could have ignored the stranger knocking on his door all together. But he didn't. My dad said that he was one of the kindest people he had ever met even after spending just a short time with him. He told me that he could tell how much love he had for his family which does not surprise me from how easily he showed us love. I don't even think my dad and I even looked back once at that situation as anything less than a good memory all because a stranger was kind enough to pass out some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment